Transcribing recordings by hand can be extremely time-consuming, but most people don’t realize that there’s an easier way to get the job done. Speech-to-text software can help cut down the time you spend on transcribing, so you can focus on other aspects of your work. This technology has been around for decades, but continues to improve. The software is designed to recognize sound patterns and match them to words. This is the same idea behind digital assistants like Google Home, Siri and Alexa—but with speech-to-text software, you’ll get a written record. Simply pair your favorite dictation devices with a speech-to-text program for excellent results in Seattle, WA.
Here’s a closer look at why you should consider using this handy technology.
- It’s faster than transcribing by hand: Transcribing an hour of audio recordings can take hours if you do it by hand. Even if you type quickly, you’ll almost certainly have to pause the recording repeatedly to catch up. While you may have to correct the transcripts in some places (which “teaches” the software to recognize certain words better), it’s still much faster than trying to do everything on your own.
- You’ll have more time to spend on more important tasks: When you save time transcribing recordings, you can use your own resources more efficiently. There’s no need to spend hours on one recording when you can instantly transcribe a recording and correct any errors in a fraction of the time. That means you can get other important tasks done—or go home early to spend time with your loved ones.
- It’s easy and convenient to use: Speech-to-text software is designed to be efficient and easy to use, so anyone can learn how to do it. Even the most technologically disinclined people can operate the intuitive interfaces. Plus, you won’t have to send your recordings out to a transcriptionist and wait days or weeks for the results to arrive.
- You’ll save money on transcription services: When it comes to cost, speech-to-text software is vastly less expensive than hiring a transcriptionist. No matter your budget, you should be able to find speech-to-text software that works for you. However, keep in mind that quality software will come with a higher price tag. While the initial investment might be a little higher, you’ll quickly save money compared to what you’d pay to hire a transcriptionist or divert your employee resources to the task.
- It’s quickly becoming standard in workplaces everywhere: Finally, while modern speech-to-text software is on the cutting edge of technology, it’s quickly becoming standard around the world. If you want to stay current, you’ll need to keep up with this convenient, fast and cost-effective technology. Luckily, the intuitive interfaces make it very easy to use.
When you need advice on which audio documentation equipment and speech-to-text software to purchase for your Seattle, WA business, let the team at Efficiency, Inc. guide you. Our team can help you select just the right tools for your job, regardless of your industry and your needs.